- Striking coincidence
- Misunderstood event
- Fraudulent event
- Vivid hallucinations / Transpersonal Experience
- Truly unexplained by hidden or new causes (is possible)
But NOT EVER : unexplainable events
organism <=> target in environment
receiver <=> source
barieres can be skirted in advance
problems in comparing records (bias)
problems in interference from similarity
problems in measurement and storage of data
Observer bias information system => information can be :
attention is diverted !
Strategies of parapsychics :
- spontaneous case collection, proof oriented vs process oriented
- field investigations = descriptive experiment
- controlled experimentation :
- restricted choice of investigation (boring)
- free response (stimulating)
- somatic (physical)
- discrete outcome (statistics like rolling dice)
- stable system (influence inside system)
- static object
Now, did you get it ? Are there any psychologists in the ether ? Anyone ?
I did write down an email address from the professor in Edinburgh ... maybe they have shortage of staff ... Shall I write him ?
Bad thing is ... I still believe in fairies and witches ...